The objective of the landscape requirements is to achieve greenery. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to landscape the front yard. In the case of corner lots, the front yard shall include the flanking side yard to the sidewalk, curb or boulevard, and to the rear corner of the house.
- A planter or planting bed is required at entry, between garage and sidewalk to front door, for front drive product.
- The minimum landscape standard for all lots shall consist of sod, one tree, and a prepared shrub bed containing at least six shrubs. For front drive product, planting in the bed beside the garage does not contribute to nor satisfy the minimum requirement for a shrub bed and six shrubs.
- The minimum deciduous tree size shall be 2” capper, measured 6” above ground. The minimum coniferous tree (spruce of pine) shall be 6’ tall.
- Shrubs shall be at minimum 18” in height of spread. A prepared bed is defined by edging (landscape vinyl, brick, landscape block, etc.)
- Rock and bark mulch must be restricted to shrub and/or tree beds. Large expanses of hard surface landscaping (included but not pmited to: mulch, rock mulch, wood mulch, concrete, asphalt, paving stones, and rockscapes) will not be permitted.