Some nights we love to curl up by the fire AND still entertain!
Entertaining doesn’t have to be over the top. You can still host a low-key get-together for your family and friends while keeping things simple.
For an appetizer, we love to create a delicious charcuterie board with our favourite meats and cheeses. Check out our favourite charcuterie board. The ingredients are easy to assemble, but every guest gets to pick and choose their creations, leaving endless combinations of flavour!
To keep the night cozy, ask your guests to bring their favourite board games and dress in their favourite comfy outfit. Everyone will feel relaxed and you can spend time having fun and playing games while enjoying some treats.
Nothing says cozy better than oven baked s’mores and a rich, delicious cider. Today we’re sharing our favourite baked s’mores recipe that can easily be made ahead of time and enjoyed all night.
Kitchen Equipment: baking sheet, parchment paper
32 graham cracker squares
32 large marshmallows
32 squares of milk chocolate (about 6 x 45g milk chocolate bars, ones that can be broken into square pieces)
- If your graham crackers come in rectangles, break them in half to create squares.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and then place your graham cracker squares onto your baking sheet.
- Break up your chocolate into squares and place one square onto each graham cracker. Then, top each piece with one marshmallow.
- Turn your oven to a low-broil setting.
- Place your baking sheet in the oven for about 4-5 minutes on low-broil or until marshmallows start to turn light golden brown. We like to leave the oven door open just a bit to watch, as once the marshmallows start to turn the perfect shade, you’ll want to take the s’mores out of the oven immediately.
- Let the s’mores cool on the baking sheet and then serve. These can be made a couple hours in advance, gently covered and served when your party starts.
XO – The Styled Social Gals
The Styled Social is all about bringing style, ease and grace to your social events. Their mission is to inspire more personal connection by making the everyday and life’s celebrations unforgettable. From invitations and décor to delicious recipes, signature cocktails and the perfect playlist, they help you make the everyday an occasion. This month the ‘Celebrate’ party plan brings you everything you need for your holiday party. They’re bringing back the tradition of dinner parties, cocktail soirées and everything in between. Find more party plans at thestyledsocial.com/shop.